Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Spore Creature Creator

John has been eagerly awaiting the release of Spore (due in September), and was really excited to get his hands on a mini release of the Creature Creator last week. The full version of the creator was released yesterday ($10 -- totally worth it) and he's made some pretty impressive creatures between the two.

I don't know how long this story will stay up, but ShackNews has done a story on the new app and on the recreations of popular game creatures page, his Purple Tentacle is shown first.


I need to get him to upload an video of the ant he made: it's pretty fantastic! Edit: done. Check it out!
The animations are done by the program, which bases them on features of the creature. (heh -- creature feature!)

I've not been nearly this creative. Zero knitting, sewing, stitch-marker-making. Watching movies (Wargames yesterda), yes. Sleeping, yes. Tonight I cast on (again) for my first sock. This time, with help from the supplier of the yarn (Cheryl at NB Yarns). Wish me luck!

No comments: