Thursday, June 26, 2008

Dear Energizer

energizerDear Energizer:

See this little gizmo? I think it's pretty nifty that I can charge my cell phone with a couple of AA batteries. I think it was a little pricey, but less expensive than buying a car charger AND a back-up charger for work. It comes in handy when I'm out & about and notice the battery is getting low, and would have come in handy when we lost power during that storm last week and my phone was almost dead. (Except that we didn't have any batteries. My bad.)

But do you see a problem here? The rubber bands. Why on earth would you go to so much trouble to design, produce, package, ship and market this gizmo and not see if it would SHUT when you put BATTERIES in it? The little catches on the sides will not click in place when there are batteries inside. They work fine when it's empty. Handy, that.

Sigh. I'm so disappointed in you.


Sincerely,
Mel

(ETA: I sent a message to Energizer about this, minus the sarcasm. Wonder if they'll respond?)


tulip mugI hope you'll come back on Saturday, for my part in the Virtual Tea Party (see sidebar). Mine is - of course - Halloween-themed, and there's talk of a prize.

Because it doesn't fit with the theme (remotely), I wanted to share the story of this mug. I received it as a gift from my mom many, many years ago; I liked tulips, and tea, and she thought it was pretty. I actually used it, although I don't now. During her long illness, there was a time when she enjoyed a nice mug of tea, and commented that she'd like to drink it out of a pretty mug. I took this to her in the hospital, and would make tea in it for her whenever she wanted.

We had a little incident with someone trying to take it home with them, but I've decided to try and not dwell on that stuff. At some point, I brought it home again, and have kept it in the kitchen window. I haven't used it since, I think because I'm afraid to break it. It still has a piece of tape on the bottom with her room number on it.

No comments: