Monday, August 18, 2008

Showoff: Ad in Interweave Knits

nby ad interweave fall08
This ad is on page (I think) 93 of the fall issue of Interweave Knits, and it's my design (the ad, not the hat). I'm glad it was in this issue, as it's my last one before my subscription runs out!

There wasn't a lot of flexibility, considering all the info. I was asked to include, but I like how it turned out. The reduced creative freedom didn't bother me one lick: I get a lot of flexibility in the online ads, and when things need to be included, they need to be included. I do all of NBY's ads on Ravelry and - I think - Knitty. I do occasional work for some other yarn stores in the US and Canada, but NBY is my mainstay. I get paid in yarn, which, you know, rocks.


If I wasn't getting paid in yarn, I'd totally order from Cheryl. She packages everything up so nicely and ships things out really quickly. I would very much like to visit (perhaps during her beach retreat in October), but I don't travel much and will be moving soon, so no Oregon Coast for me.


(Image size reduced to fit page.)

No comments: