Thursday, July 31, 2008

Pass the Popcorn, please


John and I have a large - and eclectic - movie collection. Mine is probably more eclectic than his, since I have chick flicks, comedies, period pieces (e.g. Persuasion and Twelfth Night), etc. along with sci-fi, horror and blow-em-ups (e.g. Rush Hour). It was during an early conversation, not long after we met, that John says he knew I was the one for him, based on a couple of things: I had guns (and went shooting with them) and had Buckaroo Banzai, Night of the Comet and Logan's Run in my movie collection.

Just for fun, here's a list of my favorites (in no particular order; links to Internet Movie Database (IMDB)). This is akin to my "desert island" list; although if there is a DVD player and power to run it, there's probably a video store, too:

Truthfully, I could type movie titles for another hour.

What are your favorites?

Movie-going tip: If your theater has moved to the self-serve "butter topping," and you're annoyed by how hard it is to get the "butter" to the middle of the popcorn, ask them if they have paper lunch bags. Our usual movie spot has a stack of them behind the counter, originally for people that want to buy a large bag and split it, but they come in really handy for separating the popcorn so you can get the topping distributed more evenly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite "fun" movie is Hot Fuzz. Have you seen it? If not, you should! Right away!

Mel said...

Also an excellent flick. I can't wait for their new one.