Thursday, July 24, 2008

Halloween Library, and More!

halloween library1

A few weeks ago, I read this post on gee, that's swell, wherein Andi shared her Halloween library. I promised to do the same, and steal the credit (I'm obviously not doing that). I'd already indexed it and added comments, but hadn't photographed it for quite some time. So, this is my Halloween library!

There are 2 duplicates shown, but they don't actually exist anymore. One of my favorites is Halloween Crafts: Eerily Elegant Decor by Kasey Rogers. I love it so much, that when I thought I'd lost my copy, I immediately ordered another. While I was gathering all the books for the photo session, I glanced down into an open drawer, and there was my old copy! One of them went to live with Heather last weekend. I also had two copies of the 2007 Holiday: Halloween from Martha Stewart Living; I bought one for myself and then John surprised me with a copy. Someone on a Halloween discussion board spotted the duplicate and asked to purchase the spare. (As far as I'm concerned, I'm selling the copy I bought, and am keeping the one John got for me.)

My other faves:

* Give Them a Real Scare This Halloween by Joseph Pfeiffer
* A Halloween How-To: Costumes, Parties, Decorations, and Destinations by Lesley Pratt Bannatyne
* I can't believe I'm admitting this, but I still love Halloween: The Best of Martha Stewart Living, as well as the first Holiday (2000). From that same year ('00), the October Living was excellent. Starting with '01, there has been sporadic goodness in the Living and Holiday issues, but lots of repeats as well. I still buy whatever they put out (Halloween-wise), but have never been as delighted with anything as I was with that original trio.

Also good: Halloween Merrymaking: An Illustrated Celebration Of Fun, Food, And Frolics From Halloweens Past by Diane C. Arkins (lots of info. about Halloween between 1870-1930)

More on the Halloween front
Decorations are starting to pop up! I spotted this display at a Dollar Tree yesterday:

halloween in july 1halloween in july 2

2 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

I bet your house is unbelievably fun on Halloween!

Mel said...

It has its moments! Of course, some of our decorations are up year 'round, so it doesn't always stand out too much!