Friday, September 12, 2008

Crafty Fun Friday, 12 September 2008

Knitterpalooza 2008 is tomorrow. Since all the house stuff fell through, I'm planning on going for at least part of the time. I'll be at the park around 2 PM, wearing my Ravelry name-tag pin. First, though, I'm meeting up with a sweet young woman I met at a party a couple of months ago for a knitting lesson. I love helping people learn my favorite craft! I almost wish it was crochet, so I could use the phrase "Hooked another one!"

(knitting) Knit an acorn cap, then sew it to a felt ball.

(cooking) Chocolate-covered Oreos

(sewing) Baby Gifts: lots of tutorials at Little Birdie Secrets, including decoupaged wooden hangers (would make pretty adult gifts too)
& Binky Clips. Via greetingarts.

(crafting for pets) Nice, long collection of tutes for pets & the people they own.

(giving) Actually, Skip to My Lou has several collections of links to all kinds of gift-giving ideas. Some of them have been on CFF in the past, many are new to me. One I liked was an updated how-to for the sleeping mask pattern I've shared in the past.

(cooking) Edible Googly Eyes

(crafting) Cute, Ribbon-covered Hair Clips

(crafting) DIY Cake Stand, via whip up. I am no longer pining for the acorn cake stand I didn't get at Joann Fabrics a few weeks ago.

(knitting) Sort of knitting. Twine stitch markers. I've been making mine out of simple jump rings and tiny buttons, and I still love them, but the way I lose them, maybe twine is an even more economically-sound solution for me. From the same source as above, I think. (Sometimes I get a whole bunch of tabs open and don't remember where I found the links.)

No comments: