Saturday, September 27, 2008

Hell & Back

Roadtrip KnittingThis entry only took me a week to write. Or start writing. You know what I mean.

Last Saturday, John and I went on one of our little road trips, this time to Hell, MI (we go just about every fall), then on to Dexter. I'm working on a collage entry of those pics. (There was a hearse contest!)

On the road, I finished up these green booties (the color in the first pic is more accurate); they only needed buttons, but since I did, technically, finish them on the trip, they've been dubbed the "Hell and Back Booties." They're for a co-worker, who is expecting this winter. I had planned on giving them to her right away, but then found out there is to be a shower, and I'm to be invited, so they're going to wait for awhile.

Specs
Pattern: Saartje's Booties (PDF)
Yarn: Rowan 4 Ply Soft, a lovely washable wool (color #367), from nbyarns.com
Needles: US3 (And they're still bigger than I'd like.)

I know at least 4 women who are pregnant right now, so there will be more baby gifts coming. I also have a friend who is trying to adopt, so when news of that success comes, watch out!

led zeppelin baby sox finishedThe third pic to the right up there is the start of the "Led Zeppelin Baby Socks," since we listened to the CD shown during the trip. (I like naming projects after what I was doing when I cast on. Many projects don't have names, though, because "watching Ghost Whisperer Scarf" doesn't really have a ring to it.) I knit the first sock on that trip, then the second one as I had time over the next couple of days.

Specs
Pattern: North Country Cotton Baby Socks (except that I didn't use cotton)
Yarn: Araucania Ranco Multi (gift from celticsuncat) - superwash sock yarn
Needles: US3


noro striped scarf finishedQuickly, finally I got a picture of my finished Ubiquitous Noro 2-row scarf. (Click to embiggen.)

Results: love the play of the color. Jury is still out on the scarf itself. I'm hoping a nice soak with some conditioner will soften it up. I'd hate to have used such expensive yarn and spent so much time on something I can't wear around my neck. I started on a matching hat, but it's not going so well.

Next up: review of The Duchess and Hell pics.

No comments: