Sunday, December 21, 2008

Crackle

First fireOn Thursday night, we broke in our fire place. I don't know about John, but this is my first home with a fire place. We had a wood-burning stove, but I've never been a fan*. It was just lovely.

smoresJohn picked up some kiln-dried oak, which burned great and smelled so good. I picked up marshmallows, chocolate bars and graham crackers, and we enjoyed s'mores, sitting in our desk chairs in front of the fire. (We don't have all the furniture we need -- it will be a slow process.)



*When I was around 8 or 9, while chasing my little brother, I fell onto my grandparent's wood-burning stove, burning the left side of my face, my left arm and left hand. My dad packed me in snow and drove the hour or so to the hospital.After weeks in bandages, I emerged with no scars. The only scar I have on my face is a shallow one - what the plastic surgeon couldn't fix after I tried to shave when I was 3.

1 comment:

Sarahs Mind said...

HAHA thats so you... i miss you so much ... mary x mas ... hey do i still have my own wall ????