Friday, October 17, 2008

Crafty Fun Friday

This is going to be my last Crafty Fun Friday. I'll still keep an eye out for cool projects to share, but I need to pare down my bloglines drastically so I can actually read some of the blogs. This will mean fewer finds, but since I haven't had a CFF entry for weeks, pretending to do it regularly is not getting it done anyway. I'll keep using the tag "crafty fun friday" so people can find related posts, but they won't necessarily be posted on Fridays, and very likely not weekly.

(cooking)Chuck's Apple & Gruyere Pie

(sewing) Bean Bag Chair

(furnishing) Re-purposing an old dresser. What a clever idea!

(cooking) How to make bread. According to this entry, it's "cheap, delicious, healthy, and easier than you think," and definitely has fewer ingredients and preservatives. Via Dainty Kitty.

(embroidering) How to use an iron-on transfer pencil. If you're into embroidery, this could be a lot of fun -- you could make a pattern out of just about anything flat.

(organizing) Scroll down to the bottom for this cute idea for shoes-in-the-entry (Yes, I hear Martha suggested something similar, but Saucy was first.)

(interesting) How to get rid of a wart. No crafty result at the end, but it's quite interesting.

(fascinating) Ha! Different tag. Okay, it's crafting, but seriously. Bunny Slippers. There really isn't anything else to say, except of course, I have to. Bunny Slippers! I'm not even a "bunny person" but I love bunny slippers. I have one single slipper left from a pair I kept at my parents' house when my mom was sick (she had a pair, too). I wore my previous pair OUT. I can't wait to try these!

(cooking) 5-minute Chocolate Mug Cake (Gadgetgirlnz on Ravelry - I've been meaning to post this for ages)

4 tablespoons cake flour(that’s plain flour, not self-raising)
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil (probably too much. 3 teaspoons seems to work better!)
3 tablespoons chocolate chips(optional)
a small splash of vanilla essence
1 coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well
Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla essence, and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don’t be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.

No comments: