Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What's Happening? Spring & Summer Edition

I had intended on recycling the one calendar entry, but it's been so long (September/October) since I posted a calendar that I figured I'd better start a new entry. At the moment, I don't have a lot going on, but I hope to change that, so this one will be bumped with a new date as things are added.

Monday, May 18, 7 PM: I have every intention to get to Nicola's Books in Ann Arbor to get a copy of The Language of Bees and meet author, Laurie R. King. I was already a fan, for years and years, but I like her even more now because she was the first person to friend me on Goodreads (because I had most of her books on my shelves!).

Okay, not fair! Other favorite authors are going to be there in the same day at noon, with another new release that I want. Is it a holiday? (Checked -- not in US) I am bummed. Cannot justify calling in sick to work (this early) to buy a book and meet authors. Need to remind myself that I'm not really the autograph-collecting-meeting-celebs type. Still going to meet Ms. King...I mean, she invited me personally... ;-) ('salright I'm not delusional.)

Monday, May 25: US Memorial Day. Not sure yet, but what I want to do is renew our World of Warcraft accounts for 30 days and play all weekend. If we have a chance to be with people, that would be okay too.

End of the month: nephew J's 8th birthday.

No comments: