Friday, March 6, 2009

Coolest Padded Envelopes, Ever (IMHO)

Padded Envelopes for Shop

Until my ad on Ravelry is approved, I have no idea how it will impact my sales. On the off chance that it does result in some orders, I figured I'd better be prepared with some shipping solutions. I'm trying to keep shipping costs down, and one way I'm doing that is to make my own padded envelopes (above). It took me just under an hour to make the nine shown here.

These will keep shipping charges down and are cost-effective as long as I have the stuff laying around. Once I have to go start buying materials, I'll need to take another look at the practicality of it. For now, though, I can pass the savings on to my customers and keep my shipping charges down to (hopefully) as close to actual postage costs as possible. (I'm guessing at the costs right now.)



Materials (cost)
12x12" scrapbooking paper (nothing*)
Rubber cement (nothing**)
Bubble wrap (nothing -- reused from another package)

*Real cost, anywhere from 10¢ - 25¢ per sheet if bought individually. I bought 2 pads of ~100 sheets over 2 years ago, and have used them for absolutely tons of projects and packaging (I should do a collage!). I'm trying to avoid using the very obvious Christmas patterns until I have no choice.

**Reg. $2.99 a jar. I had this jar left over from doing my moving announcements. Spray adhesive would be even better, but only if it made sense financially.


I have most of the pics needed to do a tutorial, if there is any interest.

1 comment:

persephony4 said...

I would love to see the tutorial. I send packages to friends and am always looking for cheap and fun ways to send my care packages.