Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hats in Action

R's Hat in ActionLast week, I received a photo text message from my pal Jdub, with a pic of her stepdaughter, R, modeling her new hat. (All images used with permission.) Later that day, R called me to tell me, first of all, how "impressed" she was with the packaging (she IS her father's daughter; he was fascinated and I had to explain how I did it), and of course to thank me for the hat. I'm glad I took off the braid!

Details
Pattern: Meathead Hat by Larissa Brown, from the book Knitalong.
Yarn: Lion Brand Jiffy Thick & Quick in Raspberry


Thorpe Hats in ActionOver the weekend, I received a message with this picture in it, and was so very relieved to find out that R's brothers liked their hats! (Tween & teen boys are not easy to predict.)

Details
Pattern: Thorpe by Kirsten Kapur. Since I can't crochet at all I didn't do the crochet edging, but instead picked-up-and-knit all the way around, then cast off.

Yarn: Lion Brand Jiffy Solid in Red, Orange & Silver.

What the future holds
Since '08 was the year of handcrafted gifts for the kids, '09 will be store bought (as long as finances allow (I found out yesterday that I got a 20% pay cut)). After that, I figure I'll only do knitted (or sewn) gifts for the older kids by request. (My goddaugher, who is 20, asks for things now.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really miss you i hope that you are loving your new home. i drove by the old house the other day and stopped for a sec for a brief moment of flash backs then begin on my way again ..

I have been thinking about you a lot lately. we never get to see each other any more and this stupid getting older thing is so getting in the way ... man growing up is gay ....

i love you and i will always remember all the silly, and amazing things we have been through i think even the bad things we found away to decorate and make funny ...

love you again

love
peace
&
life
Your goddaughter Sarah