Friday, August 1, 2008

Crafty Fun Friday, 1 August 2008

towel origami bookIn addition to this book, I spotted another one on the subject at the bookstore recently. There are probably free tutorials for this kind of thing online, too. Wouldn't it be a fun surprise for a house guest?



(sewing)Wild Flower Pincushion (pop-up alert)

(sewing) For Heather: iPod Nano Pouch (new style)

(cooking) Only kind of cooking. Mini caramel apples, via mmmm, brains.

(sewing) Scrappy Bookmarks

(crafting) Not Martha has updated her Surprise Ball tute. I've made these in the past, and they are a lot of fun -- to make and to receive (or so it appears)! I had a rough time finding flat fold crepe paper, but finally located some at a teacher supply store.

(crafting) Am I the only one that didn't know Etsy had a How-to feature? I found a tute for an Urban Hammock and LED Firefly Baby Booties in no time at all. (I would probably make the LED Firefly project into something for an older kid who wouldn't eat the electronics.) There is much more; I need to investigate.

(cooking) Just blending of ingredients and shaking/rolling: Ice Cream in a Bag/ or Coffee Can

One more week for the IH Contest! (See Sidebar)

No comments: